3.01.2009

Schedule for March 1 through March 7

Tuesday, March 3, 4 - 6 pm AND 6 - 8 pm (as needed). Come to my home on Casto
Saturday, March 7, 2 - 4 pm, Come to my home on Casto


The bulk of our garden work will happen early in the week since the second half of the week is looking wetter, a little colder and rainier from Wed. thru Sat. I'll watch the weather and keep you posted on our Garden schedule.

If you can come Tuesday, Please come!
Come to MY HOME - 2836 E Casto Lane, 84117, Holladay

Here's the plan for Tuesday...
(We'll finish up on Saturday what didn't get done on Tuesday)

Gathering Many Large Juice Containers from my basement -
I need at least 15 people to form an assembly line to help me get several gallon milk and juice containers filled with water out of my basement. We will be using them on all of the garden properties as well as a second border on our Big Holladay property. Also, start saving your empty gallon size plastic milk containers and bring them with you. When planting, we cut off the tops and they serve as a little greenhouse for the plants.

Tilling - If you have a tiller, bring it on Tuesday. We plan to start tilling the ground at my home and if we have enough help, we'll start to till on our second property, to loosen the dirt.

Fire in my Pit - We need to burn many of the smaller vines, twigs, branches, etc. BEFORE they get wet later in the week AND so rats and other rodents don't start making a home in them. They are all stacked up on the side of my home and ready to be loaded to the fire pit and burned. I'll work on this until 8 pm if necessary. It burns pretty fast and needs to be done soon.

Chainsaw work - If you have a Chainsaw and can help us cut wood, you need you! Come ANYTIME on Monday or Tuesday. Just let me know when you are coming. We especially need pieces of wood cut and removed that are in our garden. We can't till the ground and mark the garden until these are moved.

Garden Squares sectioned off. Before we till the land, everyone will get a "sectioned off" square to work in. Make sure your square is prepared and ready to go. We'll pass off each square before tilling. Bring something to sit or kneel on, and bring HAND tools - a hand claw and hand shovel are the most useful. Always bring work gloves. I'll have some extra hand tools if you don't have any.

If we get all of this done or have more help than we need at my home, we'll send some people down to work on our 2nd property in Holladay - the large piece of land.